The library subscribes to several useful databases to assist our members with their educational, career, legal and hobby needs. All of these databases can be accessed from any computer with internet access.
Books & Authors
Looking to curl up with a good book, but finding yourself stuck on the question of "What do I read next"? Let Books and Authors help with their expert title recommendations, reading lists, and more. Use their WHO WHAT WHERE WHEN tool to browse by character, subject, location and time period to find books that meet your exact preferences.
Video-based courses for patrons interested in professional or personal growth. Learn on your own time at your own pace. There are a wide range of subjects from personal finance to yoga 101, and expert instructors giving continual feedback.
Career Transitions can help you make the most of your job searching and career exploration efforts, with tools to help you find a new job or help you discover a new career.
Testing & Education Reference Center
Some of the things you can use the Testing & Education Reference Center Database to help you with include:
- High School Success - Prepare for high school entrance and exit exams, search for private schools, prepare for AP tests or practice for the GED
- College: Plan, Prepare and Pay for - Practice for the SAT, PSAT, and ACT and use their scholarship and college search to assist you in getting into the college of your dreams. Then gain college credit for what you already know by preparing for the CLEP and DSST exams.
- Career Changes - Learn how to pursue a new career and gain advice on resumes, cover letters, interviews, and networking. Build an attention grabbing resume and prepare for certification exams for some of the most popular careers.
- Advanced Degree - Find the graduate school that is right for you, search for scholarships and prepare for admission exams including the GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MAT, and MCAT.
- Travel, Work or Become a Citizen of the US - Prepare to pass the TOEFL, TOEIC, and US Citizenship tests with online practice tests and eBooks.
With Powerspeak Languages you can learn Spanish, French, German, Mandarin Chinese, or Ingles ( ESL - Spanish to English) from the comfort of your home computer.
Kentucky Legal Forms
At the Kentucky Legal Forms Library thousands of legal forms are available with more forms being added daily. Official, State Specific, Federal, Tax, Business, Personal, Litigation, Real Estate and General forms covering hundreds of legal subjects and issues. They also provide an Attorney Directory.
Chilton Auto Repair Library
ChiltonLibrary provides exclusive photographs, diagnostics designed by instructors, step-by-step repair procedures, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) maintenance schedules, wiring diagrams, recalls and Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) for automobiles and light trucks in one easy-to-use web site. Chilton has been helping people maintain cars and trucks for more than 80 years.
HeritageQuest provides complete US Federal Census information from 1790-1930, as well as a genealogy and local history collection of 25,000+ family and local history books. See the Genealogy page for all the tools available for tracing your family history.